Positive Alternatives Inc. manages four group homes: Positive Alternatives-Menomonie, Positive Alternatives-River Falls, Positive Alternatives-Wood County, and Positive Alternatives-Amery. Positive Alternatives Group Home-Amery is an eight bed group foster home for female youth only. All of the other homes are eight bed co-ed group foster homes. All are State Licensed by the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families. All houses are governed by Wisconsin Administrative Code DCF57. The homes provide structure, safety, and accountability to youth in need of alternate care. Positive Alternatives-Wood County only accepts youth from Wood County. However, the other three group homes accept residents from throughout the state. All homes offer the same services including: Long term, short term, 72-hour holds, respite, and crisis placements.
What we can offer you:
- 72 HOUR HOLDS
- LONG-TERM CARE
- SHORT-TERM CARE
- TEMPORARY SHELTER
- Customized treatment plan
- Positive recreation
- Community Service
- Independent living skills
- Daily psycho-educational groups – youth with more intense clinical needs are referred to outside agencies
- Level and phase system
Phase System Explained: At Positive Alternatives, we incorporate a “Phase System” where phases are earned through treatment plan progress. The four phases are:
- Youth identifies problem areas.
- Youth explores alternatives and interventions.
- Youth replaces old behaviors with new, alternate behaviors and interventions.
- Youth transitions back into the community.
River Falls Contact Menomonie Contact Amery Contact Wood County Contact
Andy Altmann, B.S. Chelsi Lauer, B.S. Laura Clark, M.S. Jodie Vena, B.S. CSW
715-426-2224 715-235-9552 715-268-7997 715-712-1617